The challenge: find delicious meals at home and in restaurants that are 500 calories or less.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Texas Roadhouse

It took some planning but I (almost) did it!

Here's 500 calories (ish) at Texas Roadhouse.

Probably should disclose that Texas Roadhouse does NOT publish thier nutritional information so these are estimates according to what people have posted on y Fitness Pal and Livestrong.




Roast Chicken: 276 calories with skin (I didn't eat the skin so you can subtract at least 50 calories for that)
Seasoned Rice: 199 calories for one cup (which is what they give you! I love that they serve it in a little bowl instead of just on the plate where it would be hard to eyeball the serving size)

That's 425 calories or so there.




Then I also had a side salad. I had them leave off the eggs and tomatos (personal preference) and had light ranch dressing on the side so I used a very small amount. I also took most of the cheese off, probably left a couple Tbsp and the croutons as well (my husband likes to munch the croutons, so I didn't have them leave them of all together).

So that comes in at about 500 calories.

The trick is not to eat the rolls. I can't say I succeeded there but I'm on Weight Watchers and that's what we have weekly points allowances for! (My goal is to usually have one semi-indulgent but in control day, which was today! That's what I love about that program, its very liveable).

BTW, rolls with no butter according to My Fitness Pal is 115 calories. So they're okay to indulge a little in but can get out of control fast!

Texas Roadhouse actually has some very good choices. 6 oz sirloin steak would be a great one, I just don't like steak! (I know, Un-American right?) There's some good veggie side dish options, just watch those fries and potatos!

And of course there's good salad choices, just watch the dressing and mountains of cheese.

Unfortunately the chicken critters with steak fries, not a good option. I love those greasy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment